- A message from your instructor
- Let's Connect!
- Objectives and Intros
- The Basis of the Educaring Approach
- The Polyvagal Theory
- Dysregulation and Tools for Co-Regulating
- Trust in Child's Competence
- Developmental Milestones
- Infant Orthotic Devices (IODs) and Appropriate Positions
- Physical and Emotional Development
- Sensitive Observation
- Selective Intervention
- Tools for Observation and Intervention
- Slow Diaper Change
- Creating a "Yes Space"
- Caregiving Times
- Observation in Action
- Self-Respecting Caregiving Positions
- Carrying Babies & Transportation
- Modeling Boundaries and Self-Care
- Movement Practice for Caregivers
- Maintaining Calm Through the Day
- Downregulation Tools for Rest Times
- What's Next?
- Thank you!
In the moveMentors: Pediatrics program, you learned about the sequential development of children and how to specifically support them at home. In this course, we’ll give you tools for the other end of the caregiving relationship (you!) as well as the relationship itself.
Respectful communication begins with caregiving; discover how to communicate respect through words, movement, and actions.
From diaper changes to getting kids in and out of car seats, a caregiver is often in compromising positions that leave them feeling achy and exhausted. Learn how to navigate these movements appropriately while still supporting a child’s development.
- Discover the keys to successfully communicating with a child during caregiving and WHY this is crucial for physical and emotional development.
- Dive into practices for establishing a respectful and autonomous relationship with a child.
- Build strength during and between caregiving practices and learn practices to maintain calm throughout the day.
Jenna Somich, RIE-trained professional nanny, parent, movement coach, and movement enthusiast
Dr. Lindsay Mumma, chiropractor, DNS-trained practitioner, NLP Practitioner, parent, chiropractic continuing education instructor, and movement enthusiast
$254.40The First Year of MovementPurchase this course and Dr. Boland's Pediatrics course for a 20% saving and double the info!